Thursday, November 03, 2005

Williamsburg

After work, I met a friend in Williamsburg to check out her new apt and hang out. We were supposed to cook (empanadas, salad and an almond creme caramel), but I got off of work too late, and she was starving by the time I got to Williamsburg. So, we decided to eat out instead. We walked around the area to see what restaurants looked interesting and finally settled on a "Mexican" restaurant called Tacu Tacu. The menu posted outside looked pretty appetizing. But when we stepped into the restaurant, the all Asian staff made me a bit skeptical of the authenticity of the cuisine. At least the decor of the restaurant was nice.

The drink menu had lychee martinis and other Asian infused mixtures. Where was the tequila?! I ordered a lychee martini, and my friend had a glass of white wine. The menu posted outside was only an excerpt of the real menu which mainly showcased Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes. The Mexican dishes were printed near the back with the specials.

The dishes were a hit or miss. My "Salmon Saigon" was pretty good. My friend's red snapper tasted pretty crappy.

Afterwards, we went to my friend's apt. The place was cute. The kitchen and living room were roomier than mine, and there was lots of storage space. These are the trade offs of living in Brooklyn vs Manhattan. I stayed to talk for a short while and then went home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home