Friday, October 28, 2005

Hip Hop Chow

Two of my friends' birthdays are a few days apart this month. One of them lives on the West Coast, so I mailed a birthday card and gift certificate out. Hopefully it will get to her on time. I'm fine with remembering birthdays, but a total last minute shopper so when factoring in the amount of time it takes to reach the other coast, it's inevitable that I'll be late.

The other friend and crew went out to dinner at a Chinese Soul Food restaurant called Hip Hop Chow in the Lower East Side to celebrate. It's a strange concept - Southern soul food with a Chinese twist. I ordered an orange glazed duck with bok choy and jasmine rice. Most of the guests ordered the fried chicken with mac n cheese. The Boy ordered cornmeal crusted catfish and swapped half of his dish with another friend who ordered the black bean catfish with Chinese long beans. So, I guess the dishes don't really mix Chinese and Soul food. It's more of either you get a fusion tasting dish or just plain soul food.

Dessert - lychee ice cream with cookies- was the best part as always!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home