Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's All Chinese!

What do you get when you boil two cups of milk mixed with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 2/3 cup of Ghiradelli's dark chocolate chips? The most decadently delicious hot chocolate!

I had a pretty successful baking session this weekend. Determined to finally bake a batch of edible cookies, I remebered that a coworker once made the best oatmeal raisin cookies off of a recipe on the lid of a box of Quaker Oats. This was my chance to put the idea that LANYTransplant just can't bake to the test. If my coworker was able to get such a delicious batch of cookies from this recipe, then I'd know that it were me and not the recipe if my cookies failed.

So, I marched right down to the grocery store and bought a box of Quaker Oats. Under the lid was the "vanishing oatmeal raisin cookie recipe." I decided to make half the recipe just in case. I also thought substituting dried wild blueberries and pecans for the raisins would make it taste even better. That, and if they turned out bad, I'd have something else to blame it on.

Surprisingly enough, they turned out great! So nice that even the Boy, who's gagged at every batch of cookies I've ever made, said so and asked for more.

As for the random title, I'm having a bit of trouble reading my computer these days. The Boy decided that he's going to give this laptop to his parents and then give me his old one (newer than this one). So, in preparation for this, he changed the settings so that everything is in Chinese.

2 Comments:

Blogger Morrissey said...

Ghiradelli's dark chocolate chips.......high roller

1:13 PM  
Blogger SuperLefty said...

your cookies look and sound delicious! yay! your curse is broken! see, i told you you could bake! ") now you can bake to your heart's content...well, at least cookies! now onto cakes!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home