Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Sound of My Lovely Voice

I spent half of a day last weekend writing my self review for work. I hate doing those things, which is why I started it the day before it was due. What a way to ruin a weekend! Anyway, I got tired of writing it and left the last half of a paragraph to finish at work the next day. I was planning to e-mail it to my work account, but got paranoid that if the e-mail were to somehow get blocked, I'd be screwed. So, I dug out my mini removable drive to carry to work instead.

This external drive contained all of the data which I had completely forgotten about from my old computer. It had all of my old college and grad school papers, pictures and even old video messages that the Boy and I used to send to each other occasionally. I had competely forgotten about those.

Curiously, I clicked on the video folder and played a couple of the Boy. Ahahahaha! What I once had thought so sweet were now so hilarious that I nearly died laughing. The Boy stepped over and started laughing himself and then threatened to steal my drive and erase it completely. In the meantime, though, he decided to click on one of my videos as a quick comeback.

OMG! Were my lips always crooked when I talked? Did my voice always sound that retarded?

I looked like a complete dork! And the sound of my voice reminded me of all the times an old boss used to call me into his office right as he was playing my voice messages to amuse himself. I can't stand how I sound on voicemail. It's not how my voice really sounds. Or at least it's not how I hear it in my head.

After listening to myself on enough videos, I didn't want to hear my voice again for a while. This made me so self conscious of speaking that at work the next day, I left very few messages and decided to only speak when prompted.

I never thought that the sound of my own voice would irk me.

1 Comments:

Blogger v said...

your crazy. you have a very pleasant voice.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home