Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Radio Frequency

When I lived in LA, I used to listen to the radio while sitting in traffic (all the time). This was how I stayed on top of who new artists were and what new song was hot. In New York, I only listen to what's on my IPOD and never have much of a chance to listen to the radio, as I ride the subway to work and everywhere else. The upside to this is that during the few times each year I'm back in LA for a visit, I sit through enough traffic to catch up on what's been playing on the radio without being bored to death of the same songs played over and over again.

Last night, after a coworker passed me a CD and asked if I knew of various other artists (I didn't), I had a hankering to know what was on the radio again and lamented that I had no radio to find out. Then it dawned on me that my cell phone has a built in radio. For the rest of the evening, I listened to and looked up stations equivalent to those that I had listened to in LA, labeling them on my phone so that I would remember which station was what at work the next day.

I listened to the radio on my phone at work for about half of the next day, long enough to realize that I'd mislabeled the Power knockoff as a KIIS knockoff, and the KIIS knockoff as a Star knockoff. After listening to the KIIS equivalent for most of the day, I remembered why I got fed up with listening to the radio each day in LA. Of the 10 songs they played in about a 5 hour span, probably 8 of them were Justin Timberlake's "Lean Back". They chatted about stupid things in between the frequent commercials, and the one interview they were giving was with Justin Timberlake on his hot new song, "Lean Back."

I'm done with the radio now.

2 Comments:

Blogger SuperLefty said...

ipod is the new radio...then you just swap mp3 files. save the radio for when you come visit la again. who was the artist?

6:44 PM  
Blogger v said...

try this website. you put in a song or group you like and they play similar music. it's a great way to get to know different and new artists.

http://www.pandora.com/

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home