Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Cafe Boulud

When it comes to food, the Boy has become impossible to please. Last Friday, we finally made our dinner reservation at Cafe Boulud in the Upper East Side. We'd cancelled before due to bad weather and other things.

The place was nice and very welcoming, but the crowd was older and a bit stuffy. I'm pretty sure we were the youngest diners in the restaurant for most of the evening. At first, I was worried this would equate to crappy service, because that's usually been the case in the past. But to the contrary, the service was extremely attentive and welcoming.

We each ordered appetizers and entrees and then shared a dessert. I ordered a seafood appetizer (langoustine?) which was the size of my entire entree at Eleven Madison Park. It had a whole lobster tail in it which was delicious. The Boy ordered the crisy frog's legs, which I reluctantly sampled at first. The Boy wasn't impressed with his appetizer (he thought it tasted too Asian), but I thought it tasted so good that we switched appetizers after a few bites.

Next, came the entree. I ordered rabbit, and he had a Morroccan tagine. The dishes were good, but not incredible. I'd had rabbit at a much less expensive restaurant in LA that tasted just as good. For dessert, we shared chocolate banana crepes.

Both of us had a nice time enjoying eachother's company. I thought the food was fine, but the Boy is now going to scrap his 'fridge list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home