Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Getting My Priorities Straight

The HR people at my work do a pretty shabby job. It's taken them quite a while to get my full profile completed, and it's usually wrong. After two weeks of being there, I had to correct my home address, cell number, and birthdate. Pretty much everything on my profile was wrong. Whenever I got bored at work, I would check my profile to make sure that the necessary updates were made, which is when I noticed that they got my gender wrong, too. When I called to try to correct it, the HR person that I called told me that it sounded pretty obvious that my gender was wrong, but she wouldn't be able to correct that. I'd have to find out who my local HR contact was through my boss and then try to get them to fix it. It seemed like a lot of trouble for something that I didn't think was that big of a deal, so fixing my profile completely fell to the bottom of my priority list when I got kind of busy. After a few days, I lost the motivation to fix it at all and sort of forgot about it until a couple of days ago when my health insurance card was ready...and I was a man! Suddenly, fixing my profile shot up to the top of my priorities list. The admin lady couldn't stop laughing at me for this.

1 Comments:

Blogger LANYTransplant said...

haha (sarcastic). yesterday, i had a doctor's appt, and the receptionist was confused when she called in to verify my insurance because i'm supposed to be a guy. but the doctor's office is in soho, and I'm sure stranger things have happened.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home